Sweet and spicy work really well in this summery drink. I used the jalapeño-infused tequila created per the Show Me the Yummy site. You can also buy jalapeño-infused tequila at most liquor stores.
lime or lemon wedge
kosher or margarita salt (available at liquor stores or with mixers at grocery stores)1-1/2 oz jalapeño-infused tequila
1/2 oz triple sec
1-1/2 oz mango juice or puree (Goya Foods make a good puree)
- Rub the rim of a margarita or cocktail glass with the wedge of lime or lemon.
- Pour the salt onto a plate as to cover the surface of the plate.
- Turn the rim of the glass onto the salt and mover the edge of the glass in a circular pattern till the rim is cover in salt.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and pour the remaining ingredients into the shaker.
- Shake the mixture until liquids are fully blended.
- Pour mixture into margarita glass and add ice to glass.